After 12 years as the Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the University of Sydney, Dr Michael Spence AC will be ending his term in December 2020.
Dr Spence has been an inspirational leader and has made many changes at the University to improve the student experience. The University has grown in size, success and reputation, and Dr Spence’s achievements have changed the lives of thousands of students.
Taylors College has been preparing international students for degrees at the University of Sydney for more than 20 years. Dr Spence expressed his gratitude and acknowledged our commitment to the education and future ambitions of international students.
Under Dr Spence’s leadership, the University has:
- risen to 1st in Australia and 4th globally for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020)
- ranked regularly in the world’s top 50 universities (QS World University Rankings)
- introduced a four-year undergraduate curriculum, to give our students the confidence to become tomorrow’s leaders
- raised a record $1 billion through the INSPIRED philanthropic movement
- formed partnerships with leading government, industry and community organisations around the world
- rooted diversity, inclusion and cultural competence as cores of a values-driven culture
- established multidisciplinary research centres such as the Sydney Nanoscience Hub and the Charles Perkins Centre
- established an education and research centre in Suzhou, China.
Taylors College Sydney offers the only pathway progression option for international students into this world-leading institution. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the University of Sydney, working closely with the new Vice-Chancellor and Principal once they’re appointed.
If you’re looking for a pathway into an undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney, find out more about our preparation programs