Discover student life in Sydney
There is no place like Sydney for an international student. Experience life in one of the world’s best cities while you work towards a degree from one of the world’s top 50 universities. Make Sydney your new home and enjoy everything this welcoming and dynamic city has to offer. Find out what to expect when you get here, from your accommodation to food and culture.
Best things about living in Sydney as a student
- Multiculturalism: Sydney is one of the most international cities in the world and of the total population of Greater Sydney, 39.2% of people were born overseas (NYU, 2021).
- Amazing weather and natural beauty: with long summers, mild winters and world-renowned beaches, it's clear why Sydney is such a popular destination.
- Vibrant arts and events scene: host to many famous festivals and cultural events all year round, not to mention world-famous venues, there's always something new to enjoy in Sydney.
- Globally inspired streets: Sydney is well-known for its numerous street markets, as well as some of the best ethnic eateries in Australia, meaning your free time will never be dull.
- Great graduate career opportunities: The University of Sydney is ranked #1 in Australia and #4 in the world for student employability (2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings), meaning you have a great future ahead of you if you choose to study in Sydney.
"Taylors is such a melting pot of cultures, of languages, of people, of different perspectives, different backgrounds, different walks of life and everyone has got their own story. You need to be open-minded stepping into those corridors, if you want to make the most out of your year at Taylors."
Arthika from Sri Lanka
Taylors College alumni
Now studying Bachelor of Science at the University of Sydney